4 servings / 15 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 5 min
- 12 oz (350 g) ounces peeled, deveined raw shrimp or prawns
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen (not thawed) or fresh shelled peas
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh tarragon, parsley or mint
- Freshly ground pepper
- Rinse shrimp, then pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large saute pan, warm 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the canola oil over medium-high heat until it starts to ripple. Add the shrimp and stir until just starting to turn pink (about 1 minute). Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil. Then add shallots to pan and cook until shallots are soft (1 to 2 minutes). Pour in broth and stir in peas, lemon juice and tarragon.
- Return shrimp to pan and let come to a boil; cook until shrimp are cooked through and peas are tender (about 2 minutes).
- To serve, with a slotted spoon, divide shrimp among plates and top evenly with peas and sauce over shrimp.
Nutritional info per serving (1 cup / 250 mL)
- Calories 160
- Protein 14 g
- Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 105 mg
- Carbohydrates 7 g
Fibre 2 g
Sugars 0 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 490 mg
- Potassium 110 mg