4 servings / 30 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 15 min
Roasting the salmon and broccoli gives a great flavour and texture and the silky sauce, flavourful with lemon and Parmesan, makes a restaurant-style meal that will impress the whole family. Serve whole grain brown rice, whole wheat noodles or boiled potatoes on the side.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 cups (1.5 L) broccoli florets (about 1 large bunch)
- 4 pieces salmon fillet, 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick (each about 4 oz/125 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- 2 cups (500 mL) 1% milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 clove of garlic, 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the lemon juice.
- On prepared baking sheet, drizzle about half of the garlic mixture over broccoli and toss to coat; spread over half of the baking sheet. Pat salmon fillets dry and place on baking sheet beside broccoli, spacing fillets at least 1/2 inch (1 cm) apart. Brush with remaining garlic mixture. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining 2 tsp (10 mL) oil over medium heat. Sauté remaining clove of garlic for 1 minute. Whisk cornstarch with milk and stir into saucepan; bring to a boil, whisking often. Boil, whisking, for about 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in lemon zest and Parmesan cheese; drizzle in remaining lemon juice, while whisking, until blended. Season to taste with pepper.
- Meanwhile, roast broccoli and salmon for about 8 minutes or until broccoli is browned and tender and salmon just flakes easily with a fork.
- Divide broccoli and salmon among serving plates and drizzle with sauce.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 449
- Protein 35 g
- Total Fat 26 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 79 mg
- Carbohydrates 21 g
Fibre 4 g
Sugars 9 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 264 mg
- Potassium 1101 mg