3 servings / 1 hr 20 min
Prep 10 min / Marinate 1 hr / Cook 10 min
Trout is delicate and easy to cook whether in the oven, in a skillet or on the grill. The choice is yours!
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1 rainbow trout fillet (12 oz/360 g)
- Stir together carrot, cucumber, vinegar, ginger and hot pepper flakes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, place trout fillet in foil lined baking sheet. Stir together green onion, soy sauce and sesame oil. Spread over top of trout and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Roast in 425° F (220° C) oven for about 8 minutes or until fish flakes when tested. Alternatively, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and panfry trout, skin side up for 2 minutes. Turn over and cook for about 3 minutes or until fish flakes when tested.
- Drain vegetables and serve over trout.
Grill variation: Place trout on greased medium grill and grill for about 6 minutes or until fish flakes when tested.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 3)
- Calories 185
- Protein 23 g
- Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 62 mg
- Carbohydrates 5 g
Fibre 1 g
Total sugars 2 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 187 mg
- Potassium 552 mg