4 servings / 21 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 6 min
- 5 large dry shiitake mushrooms, soaked in water and sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp (20 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 lb (250 g) large uncooked shrimp
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 large stalks gai lan (Chinese broccoli), cut into medium size pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) five spice powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 mL) low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
- Soak mushrooms in water for about 30 minutes.
- Pour canola oil into a large wok and heat over medium high heat. Quickly stir fry shrimp until just cooked. Remove from wok. Add a bit more canola oil if necessary. Add onion, garlic, gai lan stalks (leave out leafy parts until the end of cooking time), ginger, five spice powder, and sweet chili sauce. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes to cook vegetables.
- Dissolve corn starch in broth and add to vegetables. Heat mixture for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and gai lan leaves to the mixture and heat through. Garnish with cashew nuts and serve immediately.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 180
- Protein 11 g
- Total fat 9 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrates 13 g
Fibre 2 g
Sugars 3 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 460 mg
- Potassium 286 mg