4 servings / 25 min
Prep 15 min / Cook 10 min
- 1 lb (500 g) centre cut salmon fillet, skinned
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme or 2 mL (1/2 tsp) dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely crushed bran or cornflakes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220 ° C)
- Cut salmon into 8 equal strips and set aside.
- In shallow dish, whisk together egg white, mustard and thyme.
- In another shallow dish, stir together bran flakes, chili powder, paprika and cayenne pepper. Dip salmon in egg, letting excess drip off. Coat in bran flake mixture and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in 425° F (220° C) oven for about 10 minutes or until golden and flakes when tested with fork.
- You will need 2 cups bran or corn flakes to get 1 cup (250 mL) crushed. Place them in a resealable bag and use a rolling pin to crush them or get the kids to help and use their hands to crush the flakes.
- These are perfect to tuck into lunches, thermos or small containers for little hands!
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 230
- Protein 20 g
- Total fat 10 g
Saturated fat 2 g
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50 mg
- Carbohydrates 13 g
Fibre 3 g
Sugars 2 g
Added sugars 2 g
- Sodium 260 mg
- Potassium 430 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2017.