5 servings / 40 min
Prep 25 min / Cook 15 min
- 1 1/4 cup (300 mL) panko bread crumbs or corn flake crumbs
- 8 oz (250 g) skinless white fish fillets
- 12 large shrimp, peeled, tails-on if desired
- 8 sea scallops
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) 1% milk
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated orange or lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) freshly squeezed orange or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C) with racks in upper and lower thirds. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large dry skillet over medium heat, toast panko crumbs, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl; let cool.
- Rinse fish, shrimp and scallops; pat dry. Cut fish into about 3- by 1/2-inch (7.5 by 1 cm) strips. Trim off tough muscle from scallops.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg with 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the milk. Stir 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper into crumbs.
- Working in batches, add about 5 pieces of fish and scallops first into egg mixture then add to crumbs and toss to coat. Shake off excess crumbs; place on 1 baking sheet. Repeat with shrimp, placing on second sheet. Discard excess egg and crumbs.
- Bake fish and scallops on top rack for 3 minutes; move to lower rack and place shrimp on top rack. Bake both for about 5 minutes or until crisp and fish and seafood are firm and opaque.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk flour and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper into remaining milk. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, for about 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; whisk in zest and juice, dill and mustard. Serve immediately on the side with fish and seafood for dipping.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 5)
- Calories 155
- Protein 18 g
- Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 95 mg
- Carbohydrates 14 g
Fibre 0 g
Sugars 4 g
Added sugars 1 g
- Sodium 523 mg
- Potassium 308 mg