4 servings / 35 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 15 min
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 bananas, cut into thick 1-inch (2.5 cm) slices
- 1 ripe but firm mango, cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) chunks
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) 1% Cottage cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled graham crackers (four 2-1/2-inch/6 cm square crackers)
- Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice. Add bananas and mango; stir gently to coat fruit with spices. Spread out on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until fruit is browned and soft, but still holds its shape. Let cool until just warm.
- Set 8 of the best looking banana slices and 12 of the best looking mango pieces aside for garnish.
- In a food processor or in a large, tall cup using an immersion blender, combine the remaining roasted banana and mango, brown sugar, Cottage cheese and vanilla; purée until smooth. Add yogurt and pulse until blended. Taste and add more sugar, if necessary; pulse to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine graham crackers with remaining cinnamon; spoon into bottom of 4 wide-mouth small mason jars or clear dessert dishes, dividing equally. Spoon in Cottage cheese mixture, then top with reserved roasted fruit. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day before serving.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 253
- Protein 15 g
- Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
- Carbohydrates 42 g
Fibre 4 g
Sugars 29 g
Added sugars 6 g
- Sodium 301 mg
- Potassium 519 mg