6 servings / 12 ½ hrs
Prep 15 min / Cook 8 min / Refrigeration 12 hrs
- 1 cup (250 mL) large-flake rolled oats (see Tip, below)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced almonds
- 1 firm-ripe pear
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) ground flax seeds
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) 1% plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) maple syrup or liquid honey
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) fresh or frozen raspberries (thawed if frozen), divided
- In a large, dry skillet, toast rolled oats, sunflower seeds and almonds, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until golden and fragrant. Transfer to a medium heatproof bowl and let cool. Set 1/4 cup (50 mL) aside for topping; cover and store at room temperature.
- Coarsely shred pear on the coarse side of a box grater. Stir pear, flax seeds, nutmeg or cinnamon, yogurt and maple syrup or honey into bowl with oat mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, stir 1 cup (250 mL) of the raspberries into yogurt mixture, mashing berries slightly as you stir. Spoon into bowls, sprinkle with reserved oat mixture and top with remaining raspberries.
- Use a mixture of rolled oats, quinoa flakes and/or barley flakes for a change in texture and flavour – just keep the total amount at 1 cup (250 mL).
- Use a pear that’s ripe and sweet but still firm enough to shred. Pears ripen from the inside first; to check for ripeness, gently squeeze the neck of the pear closest to the stem and it should give slightly.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 6)
- Calories 256
- Protein 10 g
- Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 4 mg
- Carbohydrates 37 g
Fibre 7 g
Sugars 13 g
Added sugars 4 g
- Sodium 46 mg
- Potassium 443 mg