4 servings / 13 min
Prep 8 min / Refrigeration 5 min
- 4 whole wheat pita breads, about 7 inches (18 cm) diameter
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) dried basil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh chives or green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Place pita breads on a large baking sheet, overlapping slightly at edges, if necessary. Sprinkle evenly with half of the mozzarella and top with sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with pepper to taste. Bake for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and tomatoes are hot.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together eggs, basil and a pinch of pepper until frothy.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and add egg mixture; cook, scrambling gently for about 1 minute or until just set.
- Remove pitas from oven. Spoon egg mixture on top, dividing equally. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and chives or green onions. Bake for about 2 minutes or until pitas are crisp around the edges and cheese is melted.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 4)
- Calories 319
- Protein 18 g
- Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 205 mg
- Carbohydrates 38 g
Fibre 4 g
Sugars 3 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 543 mg
- Potassium 305 mg