2 servings / 7 min
Prep 7 min / Cook 0 min
What makes a “smoothie bowl”? It’s thick enough to eat with a spoon yet still smooth and luscious and chock full of yogurt and fruit.
- 2 frozen very ripe bananas
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen strawberries
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats, divided
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) ground flax and/or hemp seeds, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) 1% plain yogurt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) maple syrup
Cut about 6 slices from a banana and cut the remaining into chunks. Cut 1 strawberry into thin slices. Set aside sliced fruit, 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the oats and 2 tsp (10 mL) of the seeds for topping.
In a blender, combine yogurt, maple syrup, remaining banana, strawberries, oats and seeds; purée until smooth. Pour into chilled bowls and top with reserved sliced banana and strawberries, oats and seeds. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information per serving (1 of 2)
- Calories 465
- Protein 18 g
- Total Fat 9 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 8 mg
- Carbohydrates 83 g
- Fibre 12 g
- Sugars 31 g
- Added sugars 4 g
- Sodium 92 mg
- Potassium 1121 mg