8 servings / 55 min
Prep 20 min / Cook 25 min / Refrigeration 10 min
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups (575 mL) 1% plain kefir, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, melted
- 1 container (300 g) ricotta
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sugar, maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) fresh blueberries
- Fresh basil or mint leaves (optional)
- In a bowl, mix first 5 ingredients together. Make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and 2 cups (500 mL) kefir. Pour into the well and whisk until mixture is combined. Stir in butter. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a blender, mix ricotta with remaining kefir, sugar and vanilla. Set aside in the refrigerator while cooking pancakes.
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add a ladle of batter and swirl to coat bottom of the skillet. Sprinkle with some blueberries and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer pancake to a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter. To make pancakes more quickly, use two skillets.
- Garnish with ricotta mixture and remaining blueberries. Top with fresh basil or mint leaves, if desired.
Nutritional info per serving (1 of 8)
- Calories 269
- Protein 12 g
- Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 73 mg
- Carbohydrates 37 g
Fibre 2 g
Sugars 12 g
Added sugars 4 g
- Sodium 360 mg
- Potassium 241 mg