VASCULAR HEALTH - FOCUS ON THE PATIENT
Location: Hilton Toronto Downtown
Date: Main Conference
Friday, December 9, 2016 - Saturday, December 10, 2016
Thursday, December 8, 2016
Please refer to the pre-conference workshop page
The Heart&Stroke Clinical Update will enable participants to bring the latest clinical developments, guidelines and practical knowledge pertaining to the prevention and management of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases to patient practice. Healthcare professionals with an interest in heart disease and stroke will enhance their knowledge and skills after attending this conference.
After participating and active engagement in this program, participants will be better able to:
Apply the latest emerging vascular and cerebrovascular clinical trends, guidelines and best practices into their practices.
Integrate the newly acquired knowledge in the prevention and management of heart disease and stroke into their day-to-day operations.
Implement an interprofessional approach in their clinical operations through learning from case studies and interacting with healthcare providers from different disciplines.
This continuing education event was held under the auspices of Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto and Stroke Richard Lewar Centre of Excellence in Cardiovascular Research.
College of Family Physicians of Canada – Mainpro+:
This Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto for up to 11.5 Mainpro+ credits.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – Section 1:
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, approved by Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto up to a maximum of (11.5 hours)
This year the Heart&Stroke Clinical Update agenda will focus on VASCULAR HEALTH - FOCUS ON THE PATIENT. Make plans to join the delegation and gain new insights on heart disease and stroke prevention, care and recovery at this unparalleled event. This is your chance to learn and share the latest knowledge on the prevention and management of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
Join the 47th Heart&Stroke Clinical Update, to experience:
- The keynote address from Dr. Gord Guyatt, a Distinguished Professor at McMaster University who will provide a glimpse into the sustainability of the Canadian Health Care System.
- Practical workshops in TIA, secondary stroke prevention, bariatric surgery, ECG, diabetes and lipids and more!
- Plenary sessions will explore patient-focused vascular health, such as atypical presentations, managing organ failure, and the role of weight in lifestyle management.
- An engaging and entertaining interactive working lunch will explore the benefits of exercise and successful interventions for the prevention of cerebrovascular and cardiovascular disease.
The educational content of this conference is developed by the Heart&Stroke Clinical Update Planning Committee (CUPU) without input from supporters/industry.
To further support your learning, pre-conference workshops are offered on Thursday Dec. 8th (additional fees apply):
- Hypertension management train-the-trainer workshop.
- PEARLS Clinical Practice Guidelines Workshop (PCPG) – Case Based Learning
- Integrated Chronic Disease Prevention: Practical Strategies for Motivating Health Behaviour Change.
- Practice-based workshops on Direct Oral Anticoagulants; and Insomnia in Adults; and Post Acute Coronary Syndrome Care; and Advanced Heart Failure: A Palliative Approach to Care.
Independent Satellite Symposium are offered by supporters.
Want to be notified of healthcare professional educational opportunities?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you are included.